Project Unboxed: Interview with World of Photography, a Local Camera Shop


 Photo by Pixabay: CCO Creative Comons

It's 8:00 am (I've already been up for two hours) and I load the car down with all my stuff... and my daughter's stuff. It's my first interview for Project Unboxed in a metropolitan area so I triple-check my things to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. My list: tripod, big camera, little camera, extra batteries, memory cards, interview questions, microphone, purse, cell phone, wallet, glasses, water, snacks, directions. Lydia's list: snacks, water bottle, extra change of clothes, Piggy (her favorite stuffed animal that's been more places then I've been), wipes, coat, toys.... whew! I'm tired, but too excited to feel tired. Today I'm checking out a local camera shop. 
I drop Lydia off at my best friend's house (she's basically like a sister) and head to the big city. After driving highway for some time, I finally reach the little borough of Columbus called Grandview. In the horizon there are hazy sky-scrapers, but my car takes me through a relic neighborhood that looks like it has been revived. I'm a little early so I drive to the downtown area and find cute shops, stylish apartment buildings and few brick roads tucked here and there. 



It's almost 11:00 am so I round the corner to the camera shop. World of Photography. I walk in and become immersed in cameras, camera equipment, film, accessories, and so much more. I meet the owner and am introduced to Brynn who I will be interviewing today. We settle in a quiet corner in the back surrounded by camera bags and tripods. A year ago this camera equipment would have meant nothing to me, but ever since buying my DSLR camera (well my husband bought it as a birthday gift) and started taking pictures and filming, I'm in shear heaven! 
Click on the video below to watch the full interview. 


Brynn was such a joy to talk to and I could definitely tell she loved her job... and cameras for that matter. I was a little intimidated walking into a camera shop like this because I'm still new to the craft and there's much to be learned, but Brynn made me feel right at ease and answered all my questions. 

If you are in the area I would check them out because not only do they serve a wide price range of products (you're sure to find something within your budget), but they have a friendly staff who are ready to serve. To check out their website click here. 




 

Comments

Popular Posts