New Beginnings and a Cup of Tea

Is this the conversion of a morning person to a night owl? I sit here at my computer. The house is quite. Everyone is asleep, except me and my favorite cup of tea (lavender chamomile to be exact). I've always been a morning person, but I have found that I do my best writing at night. At night when things like vacuuming, chopping up a salad, or practicing the banjo would cause too much noise, not that I'd want to do any of these things 10:30 at night anyways, except maybe play the banjo.




Image by Greeting Tree Farm

"New beginnings," what does that mean? 

When I ponder this phrase what comes to mind is things like a new job, new relationship, new home address, new baby, new car, etc. Why are we so afraid of something new, especially when we start new things all the time? When I think about all the hundreds maybe even thousands of "new beginnings" I've experienced, I ask myself boldly, what am I so afraid of? Failure mixed in with "the unknown." We are a people of creature comforts. We like knowing what is around the corner because it makes us feel safe, but truth be told, integrity and good character are built from taking a leap of faith, daring to be different, challenging yourself in new ways, and having the courage to step outside the box.

Image by Greeting Tree Farm


My latest "new beginning" is Greeting Tree Farm and I'm so thankful you have taken the time to stop by and check us out. My goal here on our blog is to share meaningful content about homesteading, sustainability, recipes, parenting, natural housekeeping, and so much more. Most of all, I want this to be an encouraging and uplifting place where we can learn new skills and ideas together. May this be a new beginning for all of us! Look for a new post each week and subscribe with us today!

Until next time,

Nicole


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts