Blissful Banana Bread

Aah banana bread. Warm and moist with it's blissful banana goodness. I have fond memories of banana bread at grandma's house with a glass of milk (or in my case, chocolate milk) and now as an adult, nothing has changed... except the beverage, which now is of coarse, coffee.



If you've been following my blog for a while now you'll notice a trend with my recipes... Versatility. I'm a huge fan of recipes that have interchangeable ingredients and flexibility. I also love recipes with basic ingredients already nestled in my pantry. This recipe is no different. Banana bread can be made with or without nuts, if you have one too many ripe bananas...go ahead and throw them in there, and one of my favorite ingredients I like adding to my banana bread to make it more like dessert is butterscotch chips. As a wife and mom, versatility is my best friend and so is banana bread.


Another great thing about banana bread is the recipe can be doubled or even tripled, which leaves you with extra loaves that can be stored in the freezer and brought out when unexpected company comes or you need to bring something to a potluck, but haven't the time to make something.


One more tip for the road is make sure you use very ripe bananas because it will give your bread a sweeter, more banana taste, and it will also add moisture to your bread, which will keep it from becoming stale too quickly.


This recipe was adapted from Betty Crocker's Cookbook given to me from my grandmother. My version was published in 1969, which has different recipes then the newer versions of the Betty Crocker cookbooks so if you do have a newer version the recipe may be different. What I changed from the original recipe is I add vanilla extract, add more bananas, and then occasionally I'll add butterscotch chips as described in the previous text. I also prefer using organic, minimally processed ingredients when possible. For example, one of my favorite baking powders is this.


Let's grab the Kiddos (or in my case the kiddo) and get mixing and baking!



banana nut bread, quick bread, banana, dessert, homemade, recipes
breads
Yield: 2 Loaves

Blissful Banana Bread

prep time: 20 minscook time: 1 hourtotal time: 1 hours and 20 mins
Love that beautiful banana goodness that banana bread has to offer. Pair with a butter spread and hot coffee.

ingredients:


  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose, unbleached flour
  • 1 cup cane sugar
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 3 tablespoons non-GMO canola or olive oil
  • 3/4 cup of whole milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 to 5 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Optional
  • 1 cup of finely chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts
  • 2 cups butterscotch chips

instructions:


  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Grease 2-  8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 /1/2 loaf pans.
  3. Measure dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and gently stir.
  4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix by hand or on medium speed with a hand mixer until well incorporated. 
  5. Pour batter into loaf pans and bake for 55 to 65 minutes. 
  6. Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing. 
Created using The Recipes Generator



REFERENCES:

Betty Crocker's Cookbook.New York:Golden Press, 1969.

Comments

Popular Posts