Crock-Pot Series // Asian Chicken

One of the greatest inventions since sliced bread is.... The crock-pot! I'm sure every busy woman can agree with me on this one no matter what walk of life you're on. I use my crock-pot all the time and when I find a gem of a crock-pot recipe I hold on to it for dear life.


There has definitely been some crock-pot recipes I've tried that were complete failures. I remember a time I tried to make a rice casserole in the crock-pot and it turned to a big glob of mush. That night instantly turned into a pizza night! When I was first married my husband's grandmother gifted me a book called Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook by Phyllis Good. You can find the book here. Every recipe I have tried out of this cookbook has been wonderful! The recipes are simple, flexible, and easy to follow.

Today I am sharing the Asian Chicken recipe out of this cookbook. This recipe is so easy you'll cry. Most of the ingredients you can find right in your pantry and I like to pair mine with glazed carrots or steamed broccoli.


This can also be made with leftover chicken from another meal, which is what I did here. The chicken is so flavorful and moist and we loved it so much we had it two nights in a row! Another bonus.... my three-year-old loves it!


To watch a video tutorial click the image below. 




Yield: 4 ServingsPin it

Crock-Pot Asian Chicken

prep time: 15 MINScook time: 4 hourtotal time: 4 hours and 15 mins
This is a great flavorful meal for the hectic evenings. A twist on crock-pot chicken that will have your family asking for more!

ingredients:


  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons raw honey
  • fresh ground pepper; to taste
  • 2" piece ginger root, chopped and peeled or 1 teaspoon of dried, ground ginger
  • 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 spring onions, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted

instructions:


  1. Mix together sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger, and pepper until well incorporated 
  2. Place chicken in slow cooker. Pour sauce on top evenly over the chicken
  3. Cover, and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is thoroughly cooked 
  4. serve warm over rice and garnish with spring onions and toasted sesame seeds. compliments well with glazed carrots or steamed broccoli 
Toasted Sesame Seeds
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Lightly oil pan or baking dish and spread sesame seeds evenly in pan
  3. toast for 5 to 7 minutes 
Created using The Recipes Generator

REFERENCE: 

Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook by Phyllis Good






Comments

Popular Posts